Insurance Technical Analyst
Position: Internship / Permanent Position
Our client is offering an Internship period for the above position which may potentially lead to a permanent job offer from our client for the right applicant. The purpose of this role is to deliver an excellent and cost-effective service to Underwriting Services International Insurance Team Heads and other relevant stakeholders in the following areas:
- Risk and exposure recording
- Insurance premium accounting
- Underwriting Management Information in support of Team meetings and Quarterly Performance Reviews
- Internal cyclical and ad-hoc reporting
Key Result Areas:
Strategy and Planning / Key Performance Indicators
- Contributes to the design and implementation of the operational team plans to ensure these include operational considerations for delivery.
- Determines own work priorities and activities in line with agreed plans to ensure the achievement of personal and team objectives.
- Benchmarking of delivery to plan objectives
- Management team feedback
- Relevancy, accuracy, and timeliness of contribution to operational plans
- Policy, Process and Procedures
- Contributes to our clients Insurance segment procedures and controls for the collection, review, consolidation and analysis of contractual risk information.
- Assists in the delivery and future development of our clients Insurance processes and systems, to ensure an efficient management of insurance records.
- Ensures compliance with relevant legislation, industry codes and company policies and procedures to protect our clients regulatory position.
- Ensures that electronic files are maintained in a logical and accessible manner and/or other underwriting issues are clearly documented at all times.
- Strong alignment and guidance provided to the offshore team to facilitate Underwriter expectation and outcomes are met.
- Ensures awareness of and compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Contributions to system / procedural improvements made.
- Adherence to all relevant legislation and company policies, procedures, and processes.
- Documents and policy procedures are reviewed as necessary and includes the half yearly address of Offshore SOPS.
- Management information provided is accurate and timely.
- Embrace management information to ensure it is instrumental in the decision-making process
- Ensure open communication is maintained with stakeholders on all policy and procedure changes, canvasing feedback and addressing any concerns
- Contribute to the cross training and sharing of ideas with other staff members both onshore and offshore
- Ensure escalation to Seniors at the earliest opportunity of all known issues
Environmental Awareness/Customer Focus:
- Builds and maintains strong key stakeholder relationships in order to provide an effective service to the business
- Continually develops knowledge of market dynamics and market cycles to support business performance.
- Report and make recommendation of any operational risk to the Head of IUS at the earliest opportunity
- Recognise and demonstrate awareness that everyone is the first line in addressing risk concerns and exposures
- Resolve customer queries, demonstrating a subject matter expert role, whilst escalating where needed
- Legal compliance.
- Risk avoidance.
- Delivers solid and positive results.
- Positive feedback from stakeholders and customers
- Achieves satisfactory audit results.
- Open and regular communication.
- Relevant and accurate provision of information.
- Assist in the preparation of the insurance sector information for key stakeholders.
- Including but not restricted to; exception reports, performance reports, regulatory centric focused report
- Provides relevant information to meet Aspen’s obligations. (e.g. for Team Head, ratings agencies and regulatory authorities).
- Where necessary assists in the management of our clients counterparty information i.e., ratings and other counterparty details to maintain data security, compliance and facilitate management information.
- Contribute to the successful running of IUS processes in relation to our clients compliance
- Reports should be timely, accurate, supported with narrative explaining context /contents of the report and most importantly challenged for purpose.
- Production of, and assistance with, relevant monthly, quarterly Board and Audit Committee reports.
- Accurate and timely analysis of the clients debtors – quarterly.
- Information presented effectively to key stakeholders.
- Accurate and timely analysis of Aspen’s exposure to counterpart security
- Timely address of exposure /aggregation to the CRM team
- Seek advice and give timely advice.
- Group-wide documentation issued accurately and on time.
- Play a role in achieving satisfactory audit.
People Expectations / Self-Management:
- Develops own knowledge of standard procedures and processes.
- Acts as a point of reference to guide for offshore whilst sharing and developing knowledge and best practice.
- Supports others in the team where appropriate
- Liaise with key business groups to establish, support and maintain solid business relationships and organisational effectiveness
- To provide support for all Underwriting activities at the Lloyd’s Box
- Provide support for tasks within the team and where appropriate drive / contribute to their personal development
- Team plans and objectives are met.
- Positive feedback from colleagues.
- Asks for feedback and acts upon personal development plans.
- Core values, behaviours are upheld.
- Regular contribution to team meetings.
- Operate as an effective team member by supporting colleagues and contributing in the delivery and achievement of the teams overall vision and objectives
- If required to co-ordinate broker communications surrounding networking events, planning and organising appropriate marketing information
- Manage tasks and drive best outcomes
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Proficient in MS Office applications effectively e.g. Excel and other departmental software packages.
- Able to manage conflicting priorities to achieve deadlines.
- Able to plan effectively and efficiently.
- Strong customer orientation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong investigative skills.
- Ability to analyse data and use for decision-making.
- Team player